The Arms of Charles Edward Norman Leith-Hay on the family grave in the parish church on bottom left. The Arms of the head of the Leith-Hay family are also displayed at the Hall entrance and other locations at the Hall.
Quarterly, 1st and 4th grand quarters, Or, a cross crosslet fitché Sable between three crescents in chief and as many fusils in base Gules, for the name of Leith: 2nd and 3rdgrandquarters counterquartered 1st and 4th Argent, three inescutcheons Gules; 2nd and 3rd Azure, three cinquefoils Argent, over all a crescent Gules, for difference for the name of Hay of Rannes. Above the shield are placed two helmets befitting his Degree, that on the dexter with a Mantling Sable doubled Or and on a Wreath of the Liveries is set for Crest:- a cross crosslet fitché Sable and in an Escrol over the same this Motto “Trustie to the end” that on the sinister with a Mantling Gules doubled Argent and on a Wreath of the Liveries is set for Crest a goat proper attired and unguled Or, and in an Escrol over the same this Motto “Spare nought”. On a Compartment beneath the shield are placed for Supporters:- two wild men wreathed about the head and loins with laurel, their exterior hands resting on clubs all proper.
The images on the left relate to Andrew Hay whose name became part of the family name from 1789 onwards. Andrew Hay of Rannas Esqr. heir male and Representative of Edmond Hay of Linplũm, who was second son of Sir William Hay of Lochawret (Ancestor to the Marquis of Tweedale) of his marriage with Alicia Hay Daughter of Sir Thomas Hay of Errole, his second wife, Bears quarterly 1st and 4th Argent three inescutcheons Gules. 2nd and 3rd Azure (For Hay), three Cinquefoils Argent (for Fraser). In the center of the shield a Crescant for difference. Crest a Goat passant Argent arm’d and Unguled Or. Motto, Spare nought. Mat. 20 Augt. 1764.
The goat passant also a distinction from the rest of the family who typically used a goats head. The latter two are from Rannes Aisle in Rathven from the resting place of Andrew Hay. The photo from of the family burial site is attributed to the Friends Of Leith Hall.
Further info on the family and heraldry can be obtained from various volumes dealing on the topic from which the blazons can be gained. The Lyon Office is a source on this history and the following provides a record of Coat of Arms Matriculated by descendants from the earlier Leith family.
James Leith of Leithhall 1672 Volume 1, folio 349
George Leith of Craighall 1672 Volume 1, folio 349
Robert Leith of Overbarnes 1672 Volume 1, folio 349
Andrew Hay of Rannes Vol 1, folio 332 (20/8/1764)
Alexander Leith of Freefield 21/04/1766 Volume 1, folio 181
John Ross Leith of Arnage 03/10/1795 Volume 1, folio 571
John Ross Leith of Arnage 20/01/1800 Volume 1, folio 580
John Leith Ross of Arnage 10/06/1803 Volume 1, folio 589
Alexander John Forbes-Leith of Fyvie Castle 26/08/1889 Volume 12, folio 23
Arthur Leith-Hay Mackay 01/07/1897 Volume 14, folio 66
Alexander Henry Leith of Glenkindie 04/12/1901 Volume 16, folio 64
Alexander Wellesley George Thomas Leith-Buchanan 27/06/1904 Volume 17, folio 80
Charles Rosdew Forbes-Leith, Baronet of Fyvie 12/01/1926Volume 27, folio 13
Ethel Louise Forbes-Leith, Lady Forbes-Leith of Fyvie 12/01/1926 Volume 27, folio 13
Charles Edward Norman Leith-Hay of Rannes and Leith-Hall 29/05/1940 Volume 34, folio 14
Frederick William Leith-Ross 11/12/1945 Volume 35, folio 54